White Memorial Building, Houlton, ca. 1965Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
Pen and ink drawing of the McIntyre House at 109 Main St., Houlton. The Aroostook County Historic and Art Museum home was built in 1903. The original house at the site burned in 1902 and was rebuilt on same foundation.The last owner was Stella White who deeded it to the Town to be used as a museum. It was used as the Red Cross Headquarters during WWII. The building was designated as a national Historic Building in 1975.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.